The Development Associate will be responsible for the fundraising operations, including gift entry, donor communications and acknowledgements, grant writing, event assistance and administrative support. This position reports to the Development Director.
Data Management and Donation Processing/Analysis
- Maintain systems for storing donor information, processes, tracking deadlines, and ongoing donor communications
- In collaboration with other staff, manage online donor giving
- Draft and send timely donor acknowledgements
- Support the continuation of an annual appeal
- Research and cultivate new relationships with foundation funding prospects, serving as lead writer for concept notes, inquiries, and new applications
- Assist senior staff in donor cultivation and stewardship – preparing materials and packages for presentations, coordinating meeting and responding to queries
- Assist board in tracking of give/get annual goals
- Provide friendly and solutions-oriented customer service support for existing partners, board members, and prospects.
- Support the execution of signature events:
- Love Equality (Dallas), San Antonio Signature Event, Halloween Party, Annual Gala (Austin)
- Create proposal templates for grant submissions
- Draft ah-hoc reports as needed for compliance with grant reporting requirements
- Develop and prepare presentation and marketing materials in advance of, or as follow up to, meetings with prospects, partners and/or other external audiences.
- Assist Development Director in re-launching online store.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving full legal and lived equality for LGBTQ+ people in Texas;
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years’ experience in an operations or development support role for a non-profit organization
- Exceptional written and oral communication’s skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize mission critical tasks while managing various projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work successfully with diverse audience, i.e. staff, management, board members, volunteers, donors, and vendors.
- Previous experience using donor databases like Every Action, Raiser’s Edge, or Salesforce
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & Excel. Familiarity in working with WordPress a plus.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet deadlines and needs of the organization, including availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Adaptive leadership style with the ability to problem-solve, navigate complex situations and relationships, and take advantage of strategic opportunities;
- Previous experience managing both 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organizations strongly preferred;
- Ability to work occasional extended hours, including weekend or evenings as needed.
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to dedicate attention to detail.
- Tenacity, grit, and resilience – doing this work in Texas demands it!
Please email your resume and cover letter detailing how your experience prepares you to assume the responsibilities and expectations of the Development Associate role at Equality Texas to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: EQTX Development Associate.
Equality Texas envisions a Texas where all LGBTQ+ people and their families have full equality in the hearts and minds of their fellow Texans and in all areas of the law. Headquartered in Austin, Equality Texas is dedicated to securing full legal and lived equality for LGBTQ+ Texans through political action, education, community organizing, and collaboration. With tens of thousands of members across the state, Equality Texas is the state’s leading state-wide organizing and advocacy organization for LGBTQ+ Texans.
Today’s Equality Texas is comprised of two connected nonprofit corporations:
- Equality Texas Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides educational programming on LGBTQ+ issues and conducts campaigns to build public support for equal rights, and
- Equality Texas, a 501(c)4 organization that conducts direct lobbying and advocacy efforts to advance pro-LGBTQ+ legislation and candidates and to defeat anti-LGBTQ+ legislation.
Each organization is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors; these Boards have 33 members in total who represent a cross-section of LGBTQ community, business, and philanthropic leaders and allies. Equality Texas had combined (c)3 and (c)4 revenue of roughly $1.2 million in 2018.
Equality Texas values the leadership of people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals, and strongly encourages people of all traditionally underrepresented identities to apply.
No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.