Equality Texas is the leading statewide organization dedicated to advancing and defending the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Texans. Our goal is a Texas where LGBTQ Texans and their families have full equality in the hearts and minds of our fellow Texans and in all areas of the law.
Equality Texas is seeking a dynamic Development Associate to support all facets of our fundraising program, including major, annual, recurrent and corporate giving; events; and online giving.
The Development Associate will play an integral role in the organization, collaborating with and supporting staff and volunteers to optimize results of a multi-city events plan, digital fundraising campaigns, recurrent donor programs, and systems for recognizing and engaging supporters.
The Development Associate will work in Equality Texas’ Austin office and report to the Development Director. The position requires some travel within Texas.
Strong candidates for this position are passionate about LGBTQ equality, detail-oriented, experienced in donor database management, upbeat and collaborative.
- Support Development Director in developing and executing fundraising plans in partnership with staff, board, and volunteer leaders.
- Help organize fundraising events, including large events, stakeholder briefings and private dinners.
- Assist in the design, production and evaluation of online and mail campaigns, including drafting solicitations, creating segmentations and tracking results.
- Help cultivate, steward and expand monthly sustaining donor program.
- Track donations, monitor financial goals and ensure timely acknowledgements.
- Create internal communications and reports on development activities including reports and presentations.
- Engage with donors and volunteers about Equality Texas’ mission and programs
- Strong commitment to LGBTQ equality and Equality Texas’ mission.
- Minimum of one year development experience with an advocacy organization, political campaign, or social service or similar nonprofit organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Friendly, outgoing, collaborative, and team-oriented.
- Proficiency with donor database management required; proficiency with EveryAction strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with office technology and information systems (including Excel, Outlook and web-based research) required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and handle multiple priority tasks simultaneously. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolve.
- Demonstrated understanding of the critical role intersectionality and equity play in advancing LGBTQ rights.
- Resourceful, creative and persistent. Demonstrated success in taking initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Great interpersonal skills, discretion, and judgment.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Annual salary is competitive; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off.
Equality Texas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. Equality Texas is committed to diversity in its leadership, and we strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
Please send an email to email@example.com with your cover letter, resume and three references, and indicate “Development Associate ” in the subject line.