This is a time of uncertainty for all of us. We are compiling a list of community resources for LGBTQ+ folks to use during this health and financial crisis. The list will continue to evolve, and if you know of additional resources that should be included, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in a position to donate in addition to your generous support of our work, the local food pantries could really use your support!
Physical Health Resources
Chest binding WILL NOT increase your odds of contracting COVID-19, but binding so tightly that it reduces chest capacity is dangerous if you get any respiratory illness.
Mental Health Resources
- Foundation Communities serves 23 communities in Austin and North Texas. Email email@example.com to ask about one near you. Las despensas de comida en sitios residenciales permanecerá disponible a los residentes al tiempo normal, pero con procedimientos modificados. Puede enviar las preguntas a firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meals on Wheels in Austin for those who are 60+
- FoodPantries.org has a listing of the almost 700 pantries across the state, but many are currently stretched thin. Find one in your area and contact them directly about services.
Family and Youth Resources
- Talking to kids about COVID-19
- Q Chat Space for LGBTQ+ teens ages 13 to 19
- Family Equality – The Neighborhood: A Virtual Hub for LGBTQ+ Families offers parents, prospective parents, and children of all ages digital events, classes, and get-togethers. Sessions are varied and include Drag Queen Story Hour, LGBTQ+ history lessons, hair cutting workshops, fertility support groups, and more.
- Free online library books, after signing in with an email address
- Khan Academy — a long-time favorite of homeschoolers, Khan Academy is offering daily schedules for students ages 4-18 as well as online webinars and resources to get you started.
- Education companies offering FREE subscriptions for your kids
LGBTQ+ Specific Resources