Happy Election Day! With so much on the line in these midterms, we need every equality voter to show up and cast your vote. Our community is counting on us! Just to make it easy, here’s everything you need to get out and vote today!
- Who’s on the ballot? Here’s our list of pro-equality candidates. Print it out and take it with you!
- What ID do I need? You’ll need to show a driver’s license, state ID, military ID, naturalization certification, handgun license, or passport if you have it. If you don”t have any of those forms of ID, you can still vote! Bring something with your name and address on it, such as a bank statement, paycheck, utility bill, or government document. Here’s a complete list of all the acceptable forms of ID if you’re unsure.
- Where do I go? Now that early voting has ended, you must go to the designated polling place for your precinct. You can enter your address here if you don’t know your polling place.
- What are the hours? Polls are open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. If you’re in line at 7:00 PM, you must be allowed to vote.
- What if I’m harrased or discriminated against? You have the right to vote free from intimidation or discrimination! If you experience a problem at the polls, call 866-OUR-VOTE, a non-partisan voter hotline staffed with attorneys ready to help.
- Can I get a ride? Buses, taxis and ride share services in many communities in Texas are offiering FREE rides to the polls!
Today is the day to make our voices heard! Do your part for equality by voting today.
Chief Program Officer, Equality Texas