Title: Operations Associate
Organization: Equality Texas and Equality Texas Foundation
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Austin preferred/Remote possible
The Operations Associate will provide the Equality Texas team with administrative support to ensure efficient and effective operations of Field, Development, Communications, and Government Affairs departments. The Operations Associate will take the lead in answering inquiries sent to our email@example.com emails and routing requests to appropriate departments, providing heart-centered support to constituents who may need our assistance. Lastly, the Operations Associate will assist our CEO with core administrative functions to deepen their capacity and enhance his impact as leader of Equality Texas.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintains CEO’s calendar, and schedules all appointments and meetings – including obtaining meeting background information, determining appropriate location, date/time, and length.
- Receives and screen CEO telephone calls, ascertain callers’ needs and ensure prompt follow up.
- Assists CEO in processing monthly expense reports, documenting receipts and uploading to online systems.
- Drafts and proof correspondence and presentations. Prepare from notes/instructions and proof.
- Prior to quarterly board meetings, drafts meeting materials, identify location, and coordinate all logistical elements with venue and vendors.
- Drafts itinerary preparation for the CEO, executive team members and/or board members as needed.
Fields calls and emails from constituents and refer/direct inquiries to the appropriate department/person in a timely fashion.
- Plans and coordinates logistical and administrative support for meetings, forums, staff end-of-year celebration and/or other special functions and provides on-site support, as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date board roster and provides assistance with new board members onboarding and offboarding.
- Serves as office key/access coordinator.
- Implements processes that streamline overall office workflow
- Processes supply orders for staff and Austin office.
- Assists staff in planning, organizing, implementing, and accomplishing day-to-day tasks like mailing packages or acknowledgement letters, checking the mail, making deposits, or doing.
- Provides logistical support for events as needed including our annual gala.
- Arranges staff travel and accommodations for conferences, during legislative sessions, community engagement trips, pride etc. Process pre-travel and post-travel associated expense reports in a timely manner.
- Assists Controller in processing and tracking invoices, receipts, disbursements, reimbursements, and payroll transactions in QuickBooks online.
- At times, assist with communication with donors, supporting philanthropic initiatives through outreach and stewardship.
- Collect and prepare data for inclusion in monthly and annual reports.
- Supports relationships with crucial stakeholders such as elected officials and community leaders.
- Researches and manages special projects as assigned.
- Prepares correspondence; types or edits letters, emails, memos and other correspondence. Creates or edits PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets; assists executives with expense reports.
- May supervise or oversee day-to-day tasks of volunteers or interns.
- Builds positive, productive professional relationships with all team members at and provides outstanding customer service and support; resolving issues and concerns, managing risks appropriately and escalating where necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following experience and characteristics:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain a positive, courteous, and professional demeanor while communicating with members is essential
- Must be innovative, solutions and detail oriented and community dedicated
- Strong computer skills and previous experience with databases
- Energetic, self-directed and fast learner
- Demonstrate organizational savvy, and understanding of the political climate of the organization and region and how to navigate challenges
- Ability to anticipate issues and concerns, work well with diverse internal and external partners and resolve issues quickly
- Voluntarily take the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, challenges and opportunities
- Commitment of protecting sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Possesses integrity and compliance, can be relied upon to act ethically
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle various projects with competing timelines
- Experience in customer service
Equality Texas is offering an industry competitive compensation package based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience, with a salary of $45,000 – $50,000, plus medical coverage with FSA option, vision, dental, life, short term disability, and generous PTO.
Send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your interest in this position, and the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified above. Include “EQTX Operations Associate” in the subject line of your email. When submitting your application, please be sure to submit both a cover letter (with a document name formatted as “Last name.First name-Cover Letter”) and your resume (with document name formatted as “Last name.First name-Resume”). Please also indicate in your cover letter where you heard of this career opportunity. No phone calls or walk-ins, please. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Equality Texas envisions a Texas where all LGBTQ+ people and their families have full equality in the hearts and minds of their fellow Texans and in all areas of the law. Headquartered in Austin, Equality Texas is dedicated to securing full legal and lived equality for LGBTQ+ Texans through political action, education, community organizing, and collaboration. With tens of thousands of members across the state, Equality Texas is the state’s leading state-wide organizing and advocacy organization for LGBTQ+ Texans.
Today’s Equality Texas is comprised of two connected nonprofit corporations:
Equality Texas Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides educational programming on LGBTQ+ issues and conducts campaigns to build public support for equal rights, and Equality Texas, a 501(c)4 organization that conducts direct lobbying and advocacy efforts to advance pro-LGBTQ+ legislation and candidates and to defeat anti-LGBTQ+ legislation.
Each organization is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors; these Boards have 33 members in total who represent a cross-section of LGBTQ+ community, business, and philanthropic leaders and allies. Equality Texas had combined (c)3 and (c)4 revenue of roughly $1.2 million in 2021.
Equality Texas values the leadership of people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals, and strongly encourages people of all traditionally underrepresented identities to apply.
No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.